Western Australia offers numerous benefits associated with this massive yet isolated geography:
- Environmental purity
- Climatic variation
- Surplus product available for export
- Rigorous food and production safety standards
- Long standing supply and trade relationships
- Short supply chain
- Limited biosecurity risks given isolation
- Cattle diversity
- Strong economy
- Good infrastructure
A key advantage of our Western Australia base is our close proximity to South East Asia, China and India/Middle East. Reduced containerised transportation and supply chain time and cost make Western Australia the premier location for agricultural export to Asia and China.
- Hamersley Agriculture has strong State and Local Government support for the economic, employment and social benefits of the project.
- The project is estimated to generate over 800 jobs, mostly in regional WA, and a further 1250 jobs during the construction phase.
- Jobs will be created in a wide range of sectors – farming, transport, technology, renewables, food processing and exporting.
- Hamersley Agriculture is committed to exploring opportunities to support local communities and source services locally where possible. The project will provide significant training for Western Australians, world-leading research and development and technology opportunities.
- The MidWest region of Western Australia has significant water resources.
- Hamersley Agriculture is in the process of developing groundwater for pasture irrigation, with our project partners Global Groundwater.